View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mkey2012

Hey everybody,
This is Michael Key out of Yorktown Tx.

Im kinda new on the whole Go-Kart thing.

I purchased a second hand go kart for my son that I knew had a few problems, so I figured I would fix it up. Its a Ace Maxxam 150 2R with carter brothers motor on it....It looks really good, but when I picked it up the ignition had been cut, the owner before figured the switch was going bad and tried to rewire it with a new one and still didnt start...

Goofy me not knowing much about these things. I didn't have a diagram of the new ignition switch for wiring it, so I rewired the old one back on. After rewiring I stepped on the brake and turned the ignition it gave one little putt and could not get it to turn over again. Not having a volt meter to check the battery I decided to put a set of jumper cables on it thinking thats what I needed, and of course reading other forums its not good to leave the truck running while trying to jump start these things. I think I fried my voltage regulator and not sure what else.But after all that without the jumper cables it has a 12.5 volt on battery.

Right now I have parts coming for it, voltage regulator, cdi, starter relay and coil+wire set up....I finally got the diagram for the new ignition switch. If this doesnt work, I have only 2 more things I can think is wrong, There are fuses that are under the control panel, one of them are main relay it has the accesory I think coming from the starter relay....

The other thing, I know you have to press in the brake to start this thing but how does that work????

Sorry its kinda wordy but if there is anyone that can help please let me know.

Thanks,
Michael Key

BlackScorpion

Forum Creator

Forum Creator

Forum Creator
Welcome Michael, I would replace all the parts with what you have already ordered. If that doesn't work, see if there is a cutoff switch somewhere. Usually the brake pedal being pushed in would have a switch that you push down with the pedal to start it , do you see any switch on the brake pedal?

If all else fails, you need to do a process of elimination and hopefully you will find the problem.

http://www.gokartbazaar.com

mkey2012

Thanks for the info.
I've seen the switch, I though about ordering it also, but I didn't.

Is there a way to by pass that switch.

Thanks

BlackScorpion

Forum Creator

Forum Creator

Forum Creator
If you connect the two wires it should bypass it, but it could also do more damage if it shorts it out. I would replace it also. I will be posting the owners, service & parts manual for that buggy in a few minutes. It will be in the Owners,Service and Parts Folder under Other Go-Karts.

http://www.gokartbazaar.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]